Advertisements

Google’s Night Sight is subtly awesome in the daytime, too

I’ve grown a little obsessed with Google’s Night Sight mode for Pixel cameras. Other than the original Pixel’s release, Night Sight is the largest single leap forward in mobile imaging performance, and it’s doubly impressive for being purely a software upgrade. Pixel owners, from the first-generation device to the latest Pixel 3, have had a couple of weeks to play around with it, and one of the hidden advantages of Night Sight I’ve noticed is that it makes a subtle difference in improving daytime images. In fact, I’d go so far as to say Night Sight is a little misnamed: it’d be more true to call it the Pixel’s “I’ve got time” mode.

The last dozen photos on my phone’s camera roll have all been taken with Night Sight turned on, and only a...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - Mobile Posts https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/26/18112276/google-pixel-night-sight-day-sample-photos
//

Post a Comment

0 Comments